Coppell TV Repair LLC offers the EEPROM / flash memory IC containing the latest firmware for Toshiba 24SL415U main board based on the STK40T / VTV-L40711 PCB (label can be found printed on the board).
Please read carefully the below information and specifically the warranty conditions section!
Do not hesitate to ask if you have questions and good luck with your TV repairs!
Kit ID: CTVRK-PB-NO-0089
Kit contents: The EEPROM / flash memory IC found on Toshiba main board used in Toshiba 24SL415U LED TV.
Difficulty level: Medum to advanced. The memory IC requires soldering by experienced technician with quality soldering tool.
Failure symptoms: As with most if not all other cases for failed firmware there is no simple and definite way to test confirm the problem is there, let alone only there. Below are some symptoms we've seen caused by a defective memory IC however you should bear in mind other failures may lead to the same symptoms.
- A totally dead TV; this is actually model specific. Some older TVs have separate standby processor and most newer models use a single processor for standby and full operation mode. A bad firmware (or bad clock generator, for example, or bad solder joint on the processor) could leave the entire board dead. Such is the case of the Toshiba 40S51U.
- Toshiba 40S51U may be blinking 3 times and stop or just keep blinking the 3 times over and over, in either case not responding to any button other than possibly power.
- In at least one case we've seen the sound being affected by the firmware - it was very quiet and there were occasional random noise in it. That particular issue is also resolvable with firmware update from Toshiba.
Repair service offered: Yes. If you consider the job too difficult or like to use the benefits of the warranty our repair services carry (and which our repair kits do not) search at our site for a risk free repair service for Toshiba 24SL415U main board STK40T / VTV-L40711.
Coppell TV Repair LLC does not guarantee that this product is all that is needed to resolve the problems with your TV.
Most of the repair kits we offer are based on first hand experience servicing boards at our repair facility.
Over time they may get expanded with our own experience or information from manufacturer service bulletins, customer feedback etc.
Yet failure can be unique and there can not be guarantee that what has worked one, ten or even hundred times will also work the next one.
Just as important, every repair involves about equal portion of quality of parts and quality of worksmanship and as we have no control over the worksmanship quality unless we are the ones performing it we would be unwise to provide warranty of the products utilized by that worksmanship.
As such, no warranty is offered on this product once the components in it are soldered on a board.
If you would like warranty please see if a REPAIR SERVICE is offered instead of a kit. Unless otherwise noted all our repair services do come with a standard warranty.
SHIPPING AND HANDING
Products will usually ship on the next business day after purchase is placed and paid. Unexpected delays may occur. If you do not receive a tracking number or message from us within 3 business days after purchasing please contact us.
When shipping method is specified during payment it is our first choice to utilize that method for shipping.
Yet sometimes it is not possible or may result in delays, e.g. a late Friday FedEx shipping of inexpensive and durable product may have a chance of being shipped in Friday than the following Monday; in such cases we reserve the right to substitute FedEx Ground with USPS Priority and, in some very rare cases, USPS First Class service. If shipping costs differ significantly you are in your right to contact and request price adjustment.
When shipping option for the order is "Free shipping" we will usually utilize cheapest available method.
See below for important disclaimer regarding the USPS First Class Mail packages.
We do not advertise delivery time and do not take responsibility for delays to packages as long as tracking information proves they have been shipped in a timely manner by us.
Be advised that the following delivery services are NOT insured per USPS policy:
- Domestic: USPS First Class;
- International: First-Class Package International™, Priority Mail International® Flat Rate Envelopes and Priority Mail International® Small Flat Rate Boxes; services to some countries may also not be covered, for details read the USPS article on the subject.
What this means is that if you choose any of the above services as your delivery method you agree to hold us free of claims against loss of value should your package gets damaged or lost in the carrier system as long as the tracking information by the carrier shows the package was accepted by them and processed into their system.